- Apr 6, 2021
Dreamwriters was started out of the frustration of its founder, a marketing professional of 20 years who was surprisingly uncreative for someone that was bursting with ideas and creativity as a kid. Inspired by her love of reading, writing, and drawing with her two young daughters, she decided to create Dreamwriters, a self-publishing platform for young creative writers and artists. So how does it work?
- Select Artwork – young authors can browse our vast gallery of illustrations and get inspired. Or they can use their own artwork to create their own stories.
- Pen Your Own Adventure – once a collection of art is selected, writers can arrange the illustrations as they wish and begin writing their stories on the platform.
- Get Published – writers can send their stories to the Dreamwriters team for editing suggestions. Once they are happy with their story, they can publish their books online or print a beautiful softcover edition that can be treasured with friends and family.
Dreamwriters is suitable for parents and kids of any age. Families can subscribe to a monthly or annual plan to receive unlimited access to books, illustrations, tutorials, editing, and publishing. Some of the key benefits include:
- Help kids improve literacy & creativity
- Receive support from the community
- Create anywhere, anytime
- Give thoughtful gifts to your loved ones
According to Genevieve Hilton, Past President of the International Association of Business Communicators and Adviser to Dreamwriters, “The platform is a fun and safe environment for kids to learn creative writing and can become a springboard to a lifelong of creative fulfillment.”
Dreamwriters is a finalist at Western Angels' Demo Day on April 30, 2021.