Are you looking for a job this summer?
Create your own with our internship program!
Why Join Our Internship?
Our Entrepreneurship Summer Internship is the perfect opportunity for current Western students to learn the basics of starting a business.
Over the summer, students are empowered to develop their entrepreneurial skills and mindset by working on their own entrepreneurial ventures (full-time). Our program provides educational workshops, mentorship and funding to assist students with their entrepreneurial journey.
Join our supportive summer internship. Let's hustle, learn, grow, and have fun together.
📌 Program Details
- Duration: May 2, 2022 to Aug 26, 2022
- Commitment: Full-time, Monday to Thursday, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m., optional Friday.
- Location: In-person at Western University, working in our coworking space (Propel, WSSB 2130).
- Cohort: 15 students will be accepted into the program
- Student Eligibility: Any current undergraduate Western, Kings, Huron or Bresica student in 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th year, is eligible to apply.
- Application process: Students will submit an application via GUST. This includes a video pitch on their potential venture idea, as well as 500 words explaining why they are passionate about entrepreneurship. Applicants will be shortlisted and invited to pitch to a panel of judges who will select the accepted students.
📌 Your Summer To-Dos:
- Create a viable business model by understanding problem/solution fit and outlining a valid value proposition.
- Conduct market research and analyze/segment your customers to better understand their target market.
- Formulate a sales and marketing strategy by assessing various sales channels.
- Construct a minimum viable product through prototyping to present to potential customers.
- Develop sales skills by engaging customers to understand their pain points, gather feedback and sell their product or service.
- Build a financial model to project future resource needs.
Let's skip to the good part. Your Perks 😎
Each student will receive a $2,500 stipend / per month.
Totalling $10,000 over summer.
Starting your week off right! Get 1-on-1 support from our program coordinator and set a goals plan for the week.
Grow your network, and get help with our mentorship events (including 3x5 luncheons, fireside chats and visits to local startups - pending covid regulations).
Don’t know where to start? Stress less. With our two workshops a week, you'll be off to the races in no time. Each workshop is taught by an experienced entrepreneur or alumni.
Fun & Games
All that hard work deserves some fun! We've planned some exclusive outings to celebrate your wins and strengthen our community.
We host bi-weekly team huddles, giving each student the opportunity to share their progress, express their challenges and receive real-time advice and help.
Super Secret Bonus Perk: You could get a credit!
If your faculty has a summer internship or co-op program, and you meet the academic requirements, you may be eligible to count your participation in our program toward an internship or co-op credit. This bonus perk is determined on a case-by-case basis.
Mark Your Calendar
Our Entrepreneurial Summer Internship happens ONCE per year. We accept up to 15 students per year. Keep an eye out for these important upcoming dates associated with our summer program.
March 14, 2022
at 11:59 p.m. (EST)
by April 15, 2022
Summer 2022 Cohort
May 2 to Aug 26, 2022.
Get help with your application.
On March 2nd and March 8th, we're hosting an introductory webinar to anyone interested in learning more about our Entrepreneurship Summer Internship. Discover the program requirements, program perks, and get tips on how to complete your application.
You are strongly encouraged to attend one of these sessions to increase your likelihood of a successful application.
Missed the info session? Watch the recap: